Work to extend our course to 18 holes is on track for early 2020 as planned. Course Superintendent, Mick McCombe, has worked with the course architect, Graham Papworth, the specialist golf course earth movers, our assistant green keepers and a large number of volunteers to draw all of the components together.
The status of the 6 new holes is:
1. fairways cleared and being mown as required
2. installed over 2 kms of irrigation to all greens and tees
3. completed shaping of the tees, greens, bunkers and the approaches to greens
4. installed drainage in all greens
5. completed one revetted bunker (at the 18th), 6 to go
6. built two rock retaining walls and two concrete paths (thanks Rob and Don for outstanding effort)
7. planted grass on almost all tees
8. prepared greens for planting with grass from renovating existing greens in mid September 2019
In early September, 2019 we will appeal to members for assistance in seeding the greens. Please also contact the club if you can help prepare matting for the revetted bunkers on Monday or Wednesday mornings.