COVID-19 (Corona Virus) Alert # 7
Dear fellow members
You will be aware that the State Government has progressively relaxed COVID-19 restrictions over the past few weeks to the point where I am pleased to announce that the latest guidelines released have allowed us to re-commence serving alcohol at the golf club.
However, to provide this service we are required to observe a range of protocols which must be closely followed to protect the golf club, you the members and all our visitors.
Details of these requirements have been developed into a Safety Plan. They are not particularly onerous and are outlined below –
- For now our licensed area will be limited to our southern deck which has a maximum capacity of 30 people. You can be seated or stand but there is a preference that you are, and remain, seated. Furniture has been positioned to establish the required social distancing rules and should not be moved.
- Please do not be offended if you are asked to wait when the maximum number of people on the deck area (30 people) has been reached at any one time.
- Always adhere to physical distancing (1.5m from others) unless you are members of a shared household. Please respect direction from staff if reminded of this requirement.
- All members, guests and visitors wanting to drink and socialize on our deck must provide the following details:
- phone number, and
- time of entry.
- Service point for alcohol will be at the doorway nearest the kitchen, accessed via the deck.
- Payments to be card only – no cash.
- No stubby coolers allowed.
- The option to purchase a bottle of wine for sharing will not be available. Instead, wine will be sold on an individual basis, served in disposable glasses which can be re-used during your stay.
- Staff will be cleaning tables after each group leaves so it would assist greatly if you can dispose of your empty bottles and cans in the relevant bins on your departure.
- Opening hours for alcohol sales on the deck will be:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday- 1:30pm- 5:00pm
- Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday-12:00pm-5:00pm.
These service arrangements have commenced and initially will be reviewed weekly to include the ongoing availability of staff/volunteers to maintain the service.
Sale of takeaway alcohol is available to members and visitors from the golf shop from 10:00 am each day but at this stage it cannot be consumed on the deck.
No BYO alcohol is allowed at the Maleny Golf Club.
COVID-19 in Queensland is seemingly well under control at the moment but it remains a real risk in the broader community as readily evidenced by events over the past two weeks in Victoria.
Clearly therefore, while our social life at the golf club will virtually be back to normal with the above announcement, there is no space to lose respect for all the safety protocols, past and into the future, that have enabled us to reach this position.
We still have to be vigilant but in closing I want to thank everyone for the contribution and sacrifices you have made over these past 4-5 months and trust that we can all now enjoy this small luxury in life again we have earned.
With kind regards